Re: Arrowpoint Load Balancing Devices

  • From: Timothy Brown
  • Date: Mon Jul 10 21:19:27 2000

> The CS800 chassis is a pretty big box, about the size of a Cisco 7507.  Last
> I checked it had 4x RAM capability of the CS100 (and 2x of the CS150).
> Since the major source of my woes appeared to be memory related, it didn't
> look like a good jump $-wise and u-wise (I'm guessing at 16u ?) to serve the
> same number of devices.  As I remember, it's a 10 slot chassis - two for the
> management modules.  How many slots do you have populated on your chassis?
> Are they all GigE or 10/100s or a mix?

I seem to remember the folks over at Andover being disgusted with the
Arrowpoint boxes after a recent denial-of-service attack.  You might try
searching on Slashdot; I think they posted a pretty fair criticism of the
boxes.

(Slashdot was using CS100s, as I recall).

--
Timothy Brown
[email protected]

/* I speak for myself, not my company. */