Re: LoadBalancing products: Foundry ServerIron

  • From: John Hall
  • Date: Mon Jul 10 18:34:03 2000

F5 Networks also has a DNS based system (www.f5.com).  A new feature (real
soon now) coming out will eliminate most of the need for reverse pinging
to discover RTT to the client.  We will instead sample traffic as it passes
through our load balancers, summarizing the data and passing it up to the
3DNS box for decision making.

JMH

--
John Hall <[email protected]>                                     F5 Networks, Inc.
Senior Test Engineer                                          206-505-0800

Yea from the table of my memory
I'll wipe away all trivial fond records.
		-- Hamlet