Re: ISP performance

  • From: Rajesh Talpade
  • Date: Mon Jul 10 17:08:16 2000

> "Well-engineered" is a loaded term, and presumes unchanging routes are
> always the best way to engineer a network.  With ATM, MPLS and other
> provider games the IP-level path may have very little to do with where
> your packets go.

perhaps my question was somewhat misleading...

i was not implying that unchanging routes are good or bad.
i was trying to understand with what confidence i can determine
the IP route between two PoPs at any given instant. _well-engineered_
was meant to imply the isp has control over their network, and
make controlled changes if required.

thanks for the pointer.

rajesh.

--
Rajesh R. Talpade [email protected] 973 829-4261
Telcordia Technologies