Re: ISP performance

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Jul 10 16:53:52 2000

"Well-engineered" is a loaded term, and presumes unchanging routes are
always the best way to engineer a network.  With ATM, MPLS and other
provider games the IP-level path may have very little to do with where
your packets go.

What you are looking for is the work done at MERIT and later the Skitter
project at CAIDA.  See www.caida.org for more infomation.