Re: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Mon Jul 10 10:47:50 2000

On Sun, 09 Jul 2000 10:36:44 PDT, "Roeland M.J. Meyer" said:
> I've already done this, bring counter examples or clearly refute
> the examples given. BTW, sendmail 8.10 is still in beta. Also,

A clarification:

Sendmail 8.10 is out (and at release 8.10.2 - I found an AIX problem that
caused 8.10.1, and the Linux kernel capabilities bug caused 8.10.2).

Sendmail 8.10 provides minimal SMTP AUTH support - it allows for authentication,
but does not support the encryption layer stuff.

Sendmail 8.11 is currently in very late beta.

Sendmail 8.11 will include further crypto support - most noteably the
support for STARTTLS (RFC2487) and the encryption layer of SMTP AUTH.  This
was originally intended to be part of 8.10, but the US regulations on the
export of crypto code were changed too late in the 8.10 beta cycle.

I don't work for Sendmail Inc, I'm just an alpha/beta tester for them....
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst