Re: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Sun Jul 09 20:40:40 2000

[ On Sunday, July 9, 2000 at 18:52:47 (-0500), J Bacher wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?
>
> Next, you'll be asking telephone companies to be filtering phone
> solicitors.  How would you like that done, by NPA or NPA/NXX?

I can in fact do that today with Bell Canada's services.  It's under my
direct control though, so in effect it's more like giving the e-mail user
ability to install "sieve" scripts in your Cyrus IMAP server or similar.

> The determination as to whether an ISP desires to exclude or include data
> into the network should be based upon its business plan and customer
> demands and not upon anyone's political agenda or name-calling.

In general when speaking of SMTP server policy I'm not necessarily
talking about ISPs alone.  Not all e-mail on the Internet is delivered
to ISP SMTP servers!  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>