RE: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?

  • From: Vijay Gill
  • Date: Fri Jul 07 17:18:05 2000

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Kai Schlichting wrote:

> A network design that doesn't allow tracing back spoofed traffic?
> Way to go, UUnet.

It is fairly clear to anyone with a smidgen of technical competence that
this is not a network design issue per se, it is an equipment issue (and a
router one at that).

It is trivially easy to throw stones at other peoples design while sitting
behind the helm of your very own multi-terabit ISP of comparable size, I'm
sure.

> Now, lets watch Vijay rush to the defense of his, uhm, stock options.

What options would these be?

/vijay