OT: Earthlink Contact - Important Root Hacked

  • From: K. Graham
  • Date: Fri Jul 07 15:46:17 2000

Sorry to bother you all but I am looking for a contact at Earthlink.
The IP is under Sprint Advanced Network Services, Altamonte Springs
Florida.  We have called that contact and shuffled onto Earthlink.  The
1-800# to their support line proofed futile.  The traditional emails to
[email protected] [email protected] etc have been sent and several phone calls have been
made to contact someone responsible to no avail.

We would like to contact someone who can remove the exploit that is on
one of their machines.  It gives the user root access (no password
required) and allows you to remote copy an exploit to other machines.
Our efforts have lapsed over the past several days.

This exploit was used on us and we would like to remove any likelihood
of others being compromised.   The exploit is in the hands of the people
at rootshell.

--
Kim Graham, CCNA
System Administrator, Client Services