Hyperion/Adelphia outage in NJ

  • From: Alex
  • Date: Fri Jul 07 10:30:42 2000

Adpelphia Communications (formerly Hyperion) has had some sort of failure
in Northern NJ (they are being very unspecific, possible a OC48 ring
failure) that has brought down a significant portion of their Northern NJ
network. While this may not be earth-shattering news, it should be noted
that Adelphia carries a very significant portion of ISP dial traffic (they
are a large CLEC in the state).

(As a side note, because we generally rely on them for our phone service,
and most of our information has the failed-numbers on them, if you need to
reach the NAC NOC for the next few hours you can use our Bell number at
973.451.9397.)