Re: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?

  • From: Chris Cappuccio
  • Date: Thu Jul 06 21:55:00 2000

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Steve Sobol wrote:

 | > These *exact* same arguments were used/continue to be used against
 | > RBL/RSS...
 |
 | ...and the MAPS folks are still looking for the landmark lawsuit that
 | will decide things once and for all. I don't think they've been sued
 | yet.

This is ridiculous, a non-issue

1. Nobody on the Internet is required to accept traffic for anyone

2. None of these lists block ANYTHING.  PROVIDERS BLOCK.  If anyone is a
target, it's the provider using these services, not the list.  Also, see 1.

---
Reverend Chris Cappuccio
http://www.dqc.org/~chris/