Re: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Thu Jul 06 19:52:46 2000

Karyn Ulriksen wrote:

> Genuity used to do a lot of work with this type of service, they refered me
> to Paul Vixie for mediation when a site we hosted back when I was at
> AnaServe decided to spam the world and they blackholed us.
>
> Also, Paul Vixie (www.vix.net, I think)has some links to services of this
> type originally geared towards SPAM, but I'm sure it has these types of
> capabilities.

The Mail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS) Realtime Blackhole List was the
first widely-used service of this type, I think:

http://www.mail-abuse.org

It can be used via BGP or DNS.

But it's only meant for use with spammers, and I don't know if Paul
and co. have packaged it up for use by others.

--
North Shore Technologies, Cleveland, OH
http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net