RE: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?

  • From: Karyn Ulriksen
  • Date: Thu Jul 06 16:14:19 2000

> Im not talking about spammer networks im talking about script kiddie
> networks. We already have several systems for dealing with
> spammers but
> none for script kiddies. (I cant be the only person who sees a problem
> with this picture?)

What I was saying is that they had already set up some type of blackhole
system that I was lead to believe they were doing at the router level (not
mail system level).  When they had us blackhole, we couldn't get past their
core routers.  I know your next thougt is that they just threw us into their
route filter, but my understanding is that they offered a service that you
subscribed to and the updated the filter on the fly.  Which sounds like it
would work for what you may be looking for in the "kiddie script network"
scenario (which I assume means either IRC crapola or DOS crapola in general)
or those wonderful .ru sites serving out that hardcore kiddie porn stuff via
cgi calls.

The picture of a script-kiddie-tolerant network eludes me.  Do
you have data to show that they are NOT evenly dispersed around
the Internet?