RE: LoadBalancing products: Foundry ServerIron

  • From: kevin graham
  • Date: Thu Jul 06 12:41:16 2000

> It seems from what I have read that 3DNS wants to do all DNS for the domain
> zone including MX, CNAMEs, etc.

Right. However the common solution is to delegate a small subdomain just
for the 3dns'ed RR's to it (and perhaps cname to them from the top level).

> Do you know if it supports SRV records (Windows 2000 machines managed
> by ADS are happier when they can manage these records), ACLs for the
> zone record IXFRs from the 2000 machines, etc?  Are the running some
> modified version of BIND to accomodate this?

Yep, its a hacked up bind8. Haven't taken the time to pull it apart as
much as I'd like, but I would be surprised if anything you could do with
~8.1 didn't work with their box.

..kg..