RE: LoadBalancing products: Foundry ServerIron

  • From: tony bourke
  • Date: Thu Jul 06 11:47:00 2000

localdirecter has DistributedDirector as its Global Load Balancing
counterpart.

I'm not a big fan of localdirectors because they are expensive, while at
the same time lacking in many features, including Layer 5 lb and cookie
persistance.

Cisco bought ArrowPoint, which I think is meant to take care of those
shortcommings by making ArrowPoint its defacto LB solution.

Tony

 On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Sutantyo, Danny wrote:

> How about Local Director?

Tony Bourke				[email protected]