Re: C&W DoS

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Jul 06 00:29:59 2000

On Wed, 05 July 2000, Ian Gulliver wrote:
> I'm being told by my colo provider (in NY) that Cable & Wireless northeast
> is currently under a major DoS.  Has anyone else heard anything about
> this?

The nice thing about public traffic stats is everyone can see how you
are doing, good or bad.  Cable&Wireless's traffic web site indicate some
"yellow" delays from Washington, but nothing excessive.  http://traffic.cw.net/

DOS attacks tend to be highly localized, so it is possible your upstream
provider or someone sharing your C&W node is experiencing a DOS.  But it
doesn't appear to be affecting the general C&W network in the northeast.