RE: NSI to make (simple) change to domain-change procedures effective 8Jul00.

  • From: Jamie Rishaw
  • Date: Wed Jul 05 13:54:09 2000

Looks like they finally got BEFORE-USE/BEFORE-UPDATE to work? and are taking
out MAIL-FROM authentication.

Funny, it all worked for a short term during beta (I was part of the beta
herd).

Same with PGP.  PGP worked flawlessly, till Eric Eden left.  Then nobody
really knew how to fix it.
Now, it's a crap-shoot.  I have had my PGP key registered with NSI since the
Guardian project beta'd, same thing, it worked great for a while and then
stopped.  Some say it's a problem scaling, but others inside NSI say that
the percentage of people actually *using* PGP are very, very small compared
to the other Guardian methods.

This new policy will make things slower, but in the interest of security, I
suppose it's a good thing.  Besides, recently, NSI has improved their
turnaround times on properly-formatted templates significantly..  Let's just
hope they implement this correctly.

-jamie