RE: PGP kerserver infrastructure

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Sat Jul 01 17:53:15 2000

> L. Sassaman : Saturday, July 01, 2000 2:22 PM

> On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>
> > > L. Sassaman
> > > Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2000 2:58 AM

> > > I think customers *have* decided. Where is PEM now?
> >
> > PEM is being used on every ecommerce site site now, to
implement

> Privacy Enhanced Mail != Secure Socket Layer. And this
discussion is
> becoming absurd... I regret getting baited into a flame war,
> and will not
> continue down this line of discussion.

I am talking about PEM formatted keys and certs (*.pem files), as
formatted by OpenSSL. I don't recogise your definition of the
acronym.

Me may have a case of operator over-loading here. I'm also sorry
that you feel that this has become a flame-war. Maybe it is good
that we terminate it.