RE: PGP kerserver infrastructure

  • From: Peter Francis
  • Date: Fri Jun 30 15:13:12 2000

We are currently running a globally load balanced network with dedicated servers available in 15 (and rising) locations in the US and Europe.  We would be happy to run a number of keyservers on our network.

We are using the Foundry ServerIron's global server load balancing which uses a TCP syn/ack based round trip time metric to direct a client to the "closest" site.

Does the key-service answer on a specific TCP port?

If this sounds feasible please point us at info on how to set up a key-server.

Thanks,

Peter Francis Cerrato
Sr. Network Engineer
SoftAware Networks