RE: PGP kerserver infrastructure

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Thu Jun 29 11:04:20 2000

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Randy Bush wrote:

> > The server network is better with 10 reliable well managed servers than
> > with 100 marginal ones; in my opinion.....
>
> well said.  thank you.  it was this that led me into this maze of twisty
> passages.
>
> randy

While I agree with the statement, I take exception to any notion that
_any_ service we provide would be "marginal."  Thus far, my network has a
higher uptime percentage than any carrier we interconnect with, period,
the end.  We planned, built and operate a regional exchange, including the
route servers, that has been live 24/7 for 11 months.  That is 0% downtime
for the route-server platform and the exchange fabric.

Teun,  if for some reason you associated my unwillingness to piss away the
initial hardware investment for the project as indicitive of someone
without the wherewithall to provide efficient and reliable servive and
have in your mind labeled me as such, you were sadly mistaken.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc