Re: PGP kerserver infrastructure

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Thu Jun 29 10:03:40 2000

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000, Randy Bush wrote:

> > I suspect that, with the relevant approvals, placing one of
> > these key servers at the LINX might be possible. I'll try and
> > get this added to the agenda for the next meeting.
>
> thanks neil.  the problem i see before scaling this up is how the
> access/naming/referral works.  a user wants to just say "look this up"
> and not to have to think about how to choose from some magic list of
> 42 possible servers.
>
> it is not clear to me how this happens.

Its the same problem facing any distributed service. People have been
throwing around various solutions, but I personally don't think any
solution which doesn't let the client choose is ever going to work.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the
<[email protected]>	rest of the evening. Set a man on fire and