Re: Illuminet ss7 cable cut (was Re: New York City: ATT Local Service (TCG))

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Thu Jun 29 01:50:59 2000

You would think that ANY outage of this size would require an outage
report, no matter what the duration.  Oh well.  I guess Illuminet
stockholders can expect to see a loss... That is unless the CLECs and IXCs
who use them for interconnect were stupid enough not to require SLAs or
stupid enough not to enforce them.  Then again, most dialup users, let
alone local/ld dialtone carriers have enforceable SLAs so, the CLECs and
IXCs probably have a battle ahead of them to get any compensation out of
the mess.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc