Re: New York City: ATT Local Service (TCG)

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Wed Jun 28 23:20:01 2000

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Kai Schlichting wrote:

> The word is spreading fast. Netcom and PSI are reportedly co-located
> and receive DS-n service for their dialup banks out of 32 Old Slip
> as well - none of which is available now. This is true for a whole
> laundry list of local ISPs as well.

We're only part of the laundry list, but other ISPs I'm aware of are ATT
Worldnet (not colo'd there, but served off the switch, primary number is
in the 796 exchange), Concentric, and PSI.  All numbers I have for them
return fast busy (local call) or some speech-challenged individual saying
"We are sorry, all circuits are busy... drool" (dialing LD).

The ATTLS noc sounded like a circus, they claimed that they were getting
calls from Chicago, and some other East coast locations.  They had no idea
what was happening.  The old ACC NOC in Rochester was unreachable by both
800 and normal numbers as well. hmmm.

> Bah, I am going home and will turn off my pager and cell phone now.

We still see people dialed in, just no new calls.  All I know about SS7 is
that it's seperate from the trunks that carry calls, so my guess is all
signalling is down and they are at a loss to figure out why.

Charles