Re: New York City: ATT Local Service (TCG)

  • From: Kai Schlichting
  • Date: Wed Jun 28 20:19:21 2000

At Wednesday 08:06 PM 6/28/00 , Sean Doran wrote:

>People are reporting that AT&T local services (TCG)in New York city has
>died in a very nasty way.  Not only did ALS lose its circuits, but all
>the ALS customer service numbers from the area are out of order too,
>hence folks have sent me mail asking if I know what's up.  I don't
>know, anyone with some info?

Our PRI's in the AT&T/TCG co-lo at 32 Old Slip, Manhattan are dead for
incoming calls right now. You get either dead air, fast busy or worst:
a recording proclaiming the number has been disconnected and no further
information is available. But get this: people are still on the dialup
PRIs, the trunks are just not getting new calls.
Last incoming call: 6:50 EST

bye,Kai