Re: Global Crossing Network Problem.

  • From: Mohamed Hirse
  • Date: Wed Jun 28 09:20:06 2000

I agree this is an option. How would you control the traffic flow if one
link goes down?

The APS configuration on the router relies on communication between
the router and the ADM. with in the configuration of the router you
would label and assign groups to the interface configuration. This would
tell the router/interface to respond accordingly when the circuit
switches from working to protect. This occurs automatically (most of the
most of the time)

Are you proposing using some sort of routing mechanism to shift the
traffic or will there be intelligence build in to the ADM that would allow
the router to switch automatically?

Cheers,
Mohamed