Re: Stop Wcom and SPRINT from merging... customer service nightmare...(Snyder article)

  • From: Mufti Ahmed
  • Date: Tue Jun 27 13:57:57 2000

The papers for my ISP connection to UUnet was signed just over 3 Months ago
and they haven't installed the circuit.  Customer Service
!!!!!!!!TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Want to know whats really surprising ; i asked them to BGP peer
authentication
TWO WEEKS AGO and there reply was i am the first out of the thousands of clients
that they have to ask for this. I thought when i asked two weeks ago the i was
one of
the last people to ask for this. Then they claim that it might be some kind of
overhead.
Then they were claiming that they might change their routing infrastructure with
different vendors' routers. Routers are Routers and Switches are Switches.

I don't know about you guys but BGP authentication and BGP4 has pretty much
been
a standard for the last 4-5 years.

I need to ask the nanog group in general; i'm not sure if this question is more
obvious than not but do normal people out there for example BIG Brokerage
firms have route Authentication for BGP Peering or is this a new thing? I'm not
sure where to stand on this...

Mufti Nayeem Ahmed
Network Systems Engineer
Market Data Networks
Reuters America Inc.
(212)-603-3595

Ehud Gavron <[email protected]> on 06/27/2000 10:42:01 AM