MasterCard Flood, Personal phone lose (was Re: Fiber cut in Chicago area?)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Jun 27 13:33:08 2000

On Mon, 26 June 2000, Jason Legate wrote:
> I didn't see a posting from Sean, yet, but there apparantly was a multi
> telco fiber cut in the Chicago area.  I have no additional details at this
> time.  Anyone know anything?

I've experienced my own personal loss of phone service, so I've been
off-net for the day.  My home phone went dead yesterday, no dialtone.
When you call the number, Josh answers.  As far as I know, no Josh is
living in my apartment.  Naturally Pacific Bell Telephone says nothing
is wrong with their lines, so it must be my telephone that is broken,
and it will be $45 if pacbell looks a it.

In other news, MasterCard International is building a new international
datacenter outside of St. Louis (O'Fallon).  St. Louis had about 9 inches
of rain, and MasterCard had some unplanned water intrusion.