Re: public key service

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Mon Jun 26 16:43:01 2000

>> pgp public key service is becoming critical infrastructure.  unfortunately,
>> i have been unable to get useful key lookup for a long time.  i have been
>> trying
>>    <http://pgpkeys.mit.edu/>
>> at jeff schiller's recommendation, and
>>   <http://bs.mit.edu:8001/pks-toplev.html>
>> which used to work once upon a time.  neither work for me.
> EXMH 2.1.2 and later shipped with http://keys.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup as
> the URL to check by default.  I would have put www.pgp.net as the server,
> but of the 5 servers I checked, 2 were net-unreachable and one tossed a
> 404.

so, thanks to many nanogians, i now have a selection of servers, multi-
addressed servers, an ldap server, ... i can try when i need this service.
needless to say, i am not impressed.  while i guess i can limp along like
this, it does not feel like what i would call a production quality service.

but thanks to all for the clues.

randy