RE: WHOIS source?

  • From: Roeland Meyer (E-mail)
  • Date: Fri Jun 23 17:01:18 2000

> Steve Sobol: Friday, June 23, 2000 1:33 PM
>
> Can someone point me to the source for a whois server... I
don't know
> why, but I haven't been able to find any sources....

I've been looking for one of those myself. Original was written
by SRI/NSI and was never released in source. It was always
considered proprietary. MHSC is writing one under the DNSO.NET
site, at http://www.dnso.net/projects.htm. Frankly, I'm not sure
that I'd even want to start with NSI's sources, considering the
trouble they're having (SRS/whois integration).