Re: using IRR tools for BGP route filtering

  • From: Danny McPherson
  • Date: Thu Jun 22 15:16:25 2000

I agree with this, and have seen the document, and have worked for
large providers that performed prefix filtering on customers long
before IOPS existed.

However, if every ISP performed prefix-based filtering between one
another, it'd be improved "a lot more".  I recall more than a few
instances when providers inadvertently broke other providers customers
by "mis-advertising" prefixes.

And if every ISP performed SA verification between one another
(presumably with the same filters) it would again be improved "a
lot" more.

-danny