Re: DACS failure in Tulsa, OK

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Wed Jun 21 10:29:54 2000

    > Hi Sean what is a DACS ( Data Access Control System)?

Digital Access Cross-connect System.  It's a remotely-controlled
multiplexer for telco data circuits.  They're used to split DS0 and DS1
customer lines off of DS3 and OC circuits in the street, or in facilities
to split and recombine larger circuits, typically.

    > I'm asking because in Reuters we use that as a permissioning
    > system for Market Data clients.

Yet another example of the telecom and computer industries jointly
overloading an acronym.  Just a coincidence, has nothing to do with your
software of the same name.

                                -Bill