Re: maximum active vlans in a crisco 6509

  • From: Bora Akyol
  • Date: Tue Jun 20 23:59:21 2000

If you put all of the users on seperate switch ports, then would they be
able to snoop each other's traffic? At least the switches that I have seen
prevent this behavior unless you put a particular switch port in "monitor"
mode.

As long as all rooms in this hotel are on seperate switch ports, you would
basically be OK even without using VLANs.

Yes, multicast sessions, ARP requests etc can still be snooped.

Bora