RE: maximum active vlans in a crisco 6509

  • From: Roeland Meyer (E-mail)
  • Date: Tue Jun 20 23:04:42 2000

> Bob Biver: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 7:28 PM
>
> the docs say max 250, is this informational or a limit of
> spanning tree?
>
> also,
>
> is anyone running more than 250 ?

If I recall correctly, that's also real close to the maximum
number of physical connections to the chasis, with all modules
installed. Personally, I've never run anywhere near that number.
I don't think it is useful to have less than 2 members in a vlan.
You would also be surpassing the bandwidth limitations of that
chasis, even if all the connections were 100baseTX.