Re: using IRR tools for BGP route filtering

  • From: Peter Francis
  • Date: Mon Jun 19 18:10:47 2000

My mistake in the original post.

I am looking for the list of (for instance) customers of Sprint that are purely "downstream" of Sprint.

Now that I think about there may not be any easy way to distinguish between a small ISP that is multi-homed to Sprint and some other provider (their traffic I would want to send to Sprint) and BBN (who also appear to be one AS hop behind Sprint from my networks perspective and whose traffic I do not want to send to Sprint.)

I know I can come up with a list of "major" backbone AS's and filter their traffic off by hand but I was looking for a "cleaner" solution by using the IRR.

I hope that clarifies what I am trying to accomplish.

Peter