Re: MAE-EAST Moving? from Tysons corner to reston VA.

  • From: brett watson
  • Date: Sun Jun 18 02:14:38 2000

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, RJ Atkinson wrote:
>
> > Which OSs don't yet support this ?
>
> Not OS, drivers. Pick your favorite OS with GigE support, grep jumbo the
> drivers section. In a few cases the unix drivers support jumbo frames and
> the reference vendor drivers do not, in a couple its the other way around.
> I see its getting better though, there is more support then there used to
> be the last time I looked.

you'd be surprised how many vendors aren't even considering supporting
jumbo frames, or worse don't understand why you'd want to.

several vendors of optical gear (dwdm) i've run into lately weren't
even going to do it and didn't know why they should.  this only
applies to vendors doing native GE, not vendors going true transparent
optics.

-b