Re: MAE-EAST Moving? from Tysons corner to reston VA.

  • From: Vijay Gill
  • Date: Sat Jun 17 23:07:53 2000

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Randy Bush wrote:

> leasing sdh or sonet?  where leasing is owned, iru, or actual leasing.
>
> this mine is bigger than yours stuff is a bit ridiculous.  especially to
> those of us who know how much traffic folk actually have.

I'm pretty sure this isn't any bigger than yours posturing. What I
understood this to mean was:

1) The focus of MFNX/AboveNet is not exclusively "hosting" but rather
connectivity.

and to further that end..

2) MFNX/AboveNet is trenching and building out large amounts of
optical infrastructure.

3) There isn't any "hosting focused" company out there who is trenching
fiber for connectivity.

While #3 may be open to debate #1 and #2 are fairly clear.

/vijay