Re: MAE-EAST Moving? from Tysons corner to reston VA.

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Sat Jun 17 15:14:04 2000

[email protected] (Mark Tripod) writes:

> I'm not sure that I'd use AboveNet as the benchmark for the hosting
> industry.

I think I agree.  Abovenet's ISX sites (while world class) are really just
points of sale for the company's real product, which is connectivity.  A
fair number of Abovenet's customers purchase connectivity without also
purchasing colocation -- and I can't think of any "hosting" company for
which that would be true.

(No "hosting" company of which I'm aware has its own global optical network.)
--
Paul Vixie <[email protected]>
SVP for Internet Services, MFNX

M.I.B.H. Inc. is a subsidiary of Metromedia Fiber Network, Inc.