Re: MAE-EAST Moving? from Tysons corner to reston VA.

  • From: Wayne Bouchard
  • Date: Fri Jun 16 23:12:35 2000

Just to clarify, when folks talk about 9k MTUs, they gnerally mean
8940 bytes. That is, twice the MTU for FDDI and DS3. It seems to me
that if the MTU is going to be increased at some point that working in
multiples is the right way to go about it.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 10:46:13PM -0400, Richard A. Steenbergen wrote:

> I think this would be extremely foolhardy. The common number that all
> those using jumbo frames should support is 9000 bytes (not 9k aka 9216).

Wayne Bouchard                                    [Immagine Your    ]
[email protected]                                      [Company Name Here]
Network Engineer
http://www.typo.org/~web/resume.html