Re: Laptops as servers?

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Thu Jun 15 11:43:39 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, David Charlap wrote:

> IOW, it should be possible for a CardBus (but not PC Card) device in a
> CardBus-compatible PCMCIA socket to get equivalent performance to a PCI
> card.  I have no clue, however, whether vendors are actually shipping
> devices that actually make use of all this.

ttcp between a 3c575 cardbus fast ether in my laptop and intel 82559 in a
desktop (both linux) was 84Mb/s which is about what I'd expect.

> -- David

Joel Jaeggli				       [email protected]
Academic User Services			     [email protected]
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.