Re: San Francisco power outages imminent

  • From: Hal Murray
  • Date: Wed Jun 14 22:36:37 2000

> Disinformation?  Its not on the CAISO web site.

Palo Alto runs their own utilities.  I work in downtown Palo Alto.
The text I quoted was distributed via email to our operations people
and they forwarded it to us.

I clipped off all the headers to save space and to be polite because
I don't have permission to expose the initial sender's email address.

Sorry for any confusion or doubts I contributed by not explaining
that earlier.

The last line of the message I quoted includes their URL: www.cpau.com
(That's City of Palo Alto Utilities)

Right now, that page says:

 What's New:

 STAGE III Alert called at 2:34 p.m. today.Portions of Rotating Outage
 Block #6 have been shut off for two hours to comply with an mandatory
 electricity curtailment request of 3 Megawatts of load in Palo Alto.
 The area affected is bounded by 1) Alma/Middlefield and E. Meadow/El
 Carmelo and 2) Alma/Middlefield and E. Meadow/Ferne. We will keep
 you notified of additional changes.