RE: PMTU-D: remember, your load balancer is broken

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Wed Jun 14 19:37:01 2000

This can be done on FE interfaces too. Running Cisco FE interfaces
back-to-back at 4470 seems to work. I wanted to say that the GE interface
below doesn't work with large frames with a certain other vendor's
hardware the couple of times we've tried it, and that the default was in
fact 1500 for probably that reason.

One-off solutions tend to be more trouble than they are worth in big
networks.

Deepak Jain
AiNET