Re: MAE-EAST Moving? from Tysons corner to reston VA.

  • From: Mark Tripod
  • Date: Wed Jun 14 16:55:31 2000

No public exchange architecture can hope to cope with the massive
amounts of traffic being exchanged between the larger backbone networks.
Public exchanges are good entry points for new networks while they build
their customer base and traffic levels. At some point private
interconnects must take over in order for a company to continue to
provide the level of connectivty and service that their customers
expect.

The next operational issue that I forsee is the effective scaling of
private interconnect bandwidth (especially with the lack of real port
density on a certain router vendor's product).

Mark