Re: Detroit Power Failure

  • From: Daniel Eklund
  • Date: Wed Jun 14 05:31:45 2000
> On 13 Jun 2000, Sean Donelan wrote:
>

> > The city of Detroit, Wayne County, Wayne State University, Redford
> > and Livonia were hit by the power failure at 12:45pm.  Detroit airport
> > is operating on emergency power.  Detroit Public Lighting's computer
> > center also lost power.  DPL is hooking up portable generators to its
> > computer center so it can then determine the exent of the outage and
> > when it will be repaired.

I'm sitting in the middle of this problem.  Our computer center is
currently running on a DPL generator (since about 1pm yesterday).  As of
right now no resolution in sight.  Our backbone network is half powered
down at the moment.  Last I heard they said that we would have power by
3am (2.5 hours ago).

--
Daniel Eklund                              Ph: +1.313.577.5558
Manager of Data Network Services           Fx: +1.313.577.5626