Xedia router question.

  • From: Hallihan, Ian
  • Date: Tue Jun 13 20:07:49 2000

Hi all..

Still working on the Xedias' and have another "I hope"
quick question..I'm trying to add a static arp entry onto
the router for my Ethernet eth.1 interface. It's a multicast
mac-address which I'm trying to force on the interface.
I'm able to create a unicast mac addr but as soon as I try
to change to multicast I get the following error:
<error:bad value,var=253>

I'm using the following command to attempt to add the
arp cache entry and get an error each time
>config eth.1 arp-cache.199.103.157.253 entry-type static mac-address
050a0b0c0d0e

As always any help is greatly appreciated..
Thanks
IanH.

Ian Hallihan

VERBIND, Inc.