Re: attention net-grrls

  • From: Danielle Vogedes
  • Date: Fri Jun 09 21:42:28 2000

A time came when I wondered if my unease at being referred to by my
coworkers as "knowing some things .. but not much" was justified. I
searched out some lists for 'women in tech' - no answers there, but
a hella lot of crummy recipes ... And the attitude follows me still
to a new job, and by the time they discover that I'm actually a valuable
resource I'm so disgusted by the comparatively rotten regard that it
becomes yet another unhappiness.

There are numerous other war stories, but suffice to say that if
there's a chance that a somewhat serious forum is forming along
those lines ... I doubt I'd consider it if I'd not seen it here.