Re: compaq.com no longer resolveable

  • From: brett watson
  • Date: Thu Jun 08 01:59:46 2000

> Actually, I literally stumbled upon this on the NetSol site.  Whether the
> number really works or not, I don't know, I have my own DSL horror story
> that has left my phone useless (billing, not technical).
>
> http://www.networksolutions.com/help/tech-savvy.html
>
> (for the tech savvy that can dial a phone, I guess)

oh, it works just swell.  i called last night (before 9pm est) to get
help on a domain registration and got a recording saying "we're sorry,
we're busy, try our web site...".  this repeated twice and rather than
going to a hold queue, they simply hang up on you.  i went through
that 4 times in 30 minutes and the 5th time i finally got put in a
hold queue for 10 minutes before getting someone live.

the rest of the conversation, i won't even bore you with.

-b