Re: DSL (was shopping for NOCs)

  • From: Chris Williams
  • Date: Mon Jun 05 16:13:36 2000

Doesn't this have more to do with the philosophy of the company
providing service than the technology being deployed (DSL)?
Maybe the problem is that DSL tends to involve LEC people who are
infected with the obsolete lazy-monopoly attitude of the incumbents.

In any case, are there unique operational challenges posed by DSL that
are causing some of these problems? Is there anything we can do as a
community to address them (or encourage the people who need to address
them, to do so)?

Maybe this discussion could evolve into something a little more useful
than "my DSL provider sucks"..."me too", since there seems to be a lot
of interest (or at least a lot of unhappy voices)..