Re: illicit above.net announcements?

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Thu Jun 01 21:34:37 2000

[email protected] (Kai Schlichting) writes:

> Anyone here who is on the Vienna/London/Amsterdam exchange(s) and
> who is seeing what is alleged here: above.net leaking and/or
> flapping routes that are not their own ?

Abovenet receives /16's from a customer, who is the upstream of Manawatu.
Abovenet duly advertises these /16's to its other customers, and its peers.

Abovenet also blocks all traffic to/from ORBS, due to AUP violations.
Manawatu is ORBS's provider.  Abovenet has done nothing to interfere with
the /24 cutouts Alan is describing below.

re:

--
Paul Vixie <[email protected]>
SVP for Internet Services, MFNX

M.I.B.H. Inc. is a subsidiary of Metromedia Fiber Network, Inc.