Re: shopping for NOCs

  • From: Joseph Birthisel
  • Date: Wed May 31 09:51:23 2000

> > Simple question:   What do you look in a NOC when considering someone
> > for service? In other words, what would be the ideal NOC?
>
> Forget technology, facilities and everything but the quality of the
> people involved. --Mike--

The people do make the difference. Other things involved are
accountability and the NOCs ability to work effectively with IP and
field
engineering groups. Accountability meaning when they handle an issue you
requested assistance on you get a name of the person handling your issue
and that if you don't feel things are being done correctly you can get
things escalated. I talk to NOCs all day and those that have good
resources (network monitoring soft., circuit databases, routing layouts)
don't compare to those NOCs that have a divining rod and a ouija board
for tools but are commited to gettings things fixed.

Joseph