Re: Network/Routing Problem

  • From: Douglas Denault
  • Date: Thu May 25 19:57:16 2000

Guys as per a couple of previous posts:
  1) the original customers /were not/are not/and have never/ spammed a
     "bit"
  2) bbnplanet is part of GTE backbone
  3) I thought my customer had a leased line; it is dialed with a fixed IP
  4) A couple of very helpful posts to me and 30 seconds to get through to
     the GTE NOC returned me to the land of the (somewhat) clueful.
  5) Whatever the history of starnetinc past/present/future this
     particular event had nothing to do with spam, rbs, or the like.

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Larry Snyder wrote:

> I don't know who or how many buy their dialup pop's from Starnetinc.
> I've gotten my share of stuff originating at one of their dialups.
> Every time I've contacted [email protected] (their dialups' reverse
> dns), they've been pretty responsive.
> -ls-

> > If they're not spammers then they are (or were) spammer magnets.
> >
> > In the past couple of years the majority of spam complaints we've
> > received are misdirected at us and better directed at starnetinc.com.
> > We get the complaints because our name is on starnet.com and people
> > draw hasty conclusions instead of digging deeper and uncovering
> > starnetinc.com and starnetusa.com.
> >
> > -mark

_____
Douglas Denault