Re: That pesky AS path corruption bug...

  • From: Jeff Haas
  • Date: Wed May 24 10:29:58 2000

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 12:23:05AM -0400, John Fraizer wrote:
> Come on people.  It's VERY easy to do one of the following:
>
> (1) NOT implement AS-path filtering on route-server connections

AS-path filtering is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
The route server software can either prepend the RS AS, or not.
RSng peers have full control over this via their registered inet-rtr
policy.

http://www.rsng.net/peering.html#rs-in

> Am I the only RA that notifies the peering contacts of all other RS peers
> when someone new joins?  I certainly hope not.

Unless your policy (not specifically you, John) is promiscuous,
its necessary for both "the new guy" and existing RS peers to
update their aut-num policy (and possibly import() policy in
their inet-rtr:rs-in) in order for the new routes to be proxied via
the route servers.

--
Jeffrey Haas - Merit RSng project - [email protected]